Trusted Fremont Eye Doctor
Our quality eye care practitioners at the office of Harry W. Chan, OD are dedicated to providing patients with excellent, personalized services. That includes updating skills and staying informed about the progress made in optometric science. Dr. Harry W. Chan, OD, and Dr. Jamie M. Wong, OD, our trusted Fremont eye doctors, maintain a high level of competence by utilizing all possible resources. The ocular health and vision of the patients are a priority. Trust us as your Fremont optometrist. We look forward to helping you see better.
Preparing for an Optometry Appointment
There are several things you can do to make your eye doctor visit a complete success:
- Book an appointment
- Provide valid vision insurance information
- Make arrangements for a companion if you need a special eye test or want an opinion on eyeglass frames
- Bring payment—credit and debit cards are accepted
- Make a list of any eye discomfort you experienced in the last few months. It will give the doctor a better idea of your symptoms and concerns
- Memorize or write down questions you want to ask about optometry and eye disease prevention
Preventive Tips from Our Optometrist in Fremont
Keeping your eyes healthy is easy with the help of Dr. Chan and Dr. Wong, our optometrists in Fremont. The preventive actions they recommend include the following:
- Eat lots of fruits and vegetables like carrots.
- If you wear contact lenses, limit their daily use.
- Wear UV protective sunglasses to shield your eyes from the sun’s strong ultraviolet rays (even when it’s cloudy/overcast!).
- Do not read in dim light. It strains the eyes too much.
- Never look directly at a bright light.